Jana's Once Upon a Family Blog

Friday, July 08, 2005

Summer Vacation - Etched Memories

'Leave your family's mark at every place you visit. While on vacation, find a spot to creatively write the location, and the year of your trip (Mexico 2002, or Hawaii 2005.) Take a picture of your family next to this inscription. If you go to the beach, write it in the sand. If you are on a camping trip, write it with sticks or rocks. If you are vacationing near the snow, use your shovel to leave your mark. You can always adorn it with tropical flowers, seashells, leaves from local plants, or pinecones. Get creative and remember...do not go home without your treasured destination photo! Place the photos in a special album to record all your family's exciting adventures.'

We a going to have to do this on our Hawaii trip! We did A State sign one time on a Road trip - that was fun. Everytime we would cross a State Border we would run out and stand by Entering sign and take a picture. But can you image flowers writing out the year on a Black Sand or Green Sand Beach in Hawaii! I love the idea of doing a consitant thing on every trip -- we (I) have been collecting Sand for years -- I have been gathering (finding) all those bags somewhere in my stuff and am beginning to put in glass bottles and make tags to tie to the top. I always bring ziplocs in my suitcase when I travel -- you just never know when you need a plastic bag! Now I am going to keep a sharpie with it so that I can write on the bag where I amand the year when I collect the sand -- it is a pain to remember years later where that sand was from. Oh yea, If I had just put in the bottle with the tag when I got home, I would haven't to remember. My plan for this upcoming trip.